Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Man, I never thought I would be that sentimental guy who talks about his family and what is happening in his life, yet here I am about to share my news. Today I have become an uncle. My older brother and his wife gave birth to a boy only a few hours ago. Not until the moment that I heard the news did I truly understand who I would be to my nephew. Having moved 1500 miles away to Houston 2 years ago, I only see my family about 2 times per year. This now makes me the cool uncle who comes back with crazy gifts and amazing stories. Of course I will have to censor most of what I say from now on, but I am pretty sure I can compete with my two younger brothers for that role. My mother's first grandchild so obviously she sent me pictures immediately of the child and I most appropriately responded with a text stating, "WHAT IS THAT THING?!!!" The humor was not appreciated by her, but I am hoping my brothers got a laugh from the text as I am sure it was shared. I am still absorbing what it means to be an uncle, but like all in life it will surely be an experience. Honestly what better way to begin my life anew with all the changes I am trying to make, than to have a new life start alongside me. I cannot wait to meet young Joseph in person.

P.S. Today I weighed in at 250 pounds, shopped at Whole Foods for my meals until Sunday, and had my last unhealthy meal for a long time. Goodbye Five Guys, I will forever be DAYUM DAYUM DAYUMing in your memory. I look forward to our reunion to celebrate my success when I am under 200 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment