Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year of Change


Today is the start of a new year. I have never before believed in New Year resolutions, but this year I have one: I want to do a hard reset on my life. In 2012 I spent a lot of time in front of the computer after my 9-6 job, eating tons of crap, and basically just letting life continue. I was content, but not happy. Last year was a transition year. I learned how to exercise and eat well and lost around 80 pounds. Unfortunately the exercise and dieting killed my social life, so when my coworkers stopped working out and eating healthy I did as well and gained about 30 of those pounds back. During that second half of the year when I gained the weight back, I found a very good group of friends. For me it was either live healthy or be social. That mistake will not be repeated. Today marks the beginning of a new me.  I am going to learn how to balance my social life and change my eating habits. This year I will NOT be dieting, but rather learning how to eat healthy and happy. 200 pounds: that is my primary goal for this year on top of a lot of little things like making sure to blog every day, writing and reading more, finding exciting opportunities around the city to be a part of, running a 5k, being more forward about helping others, etc. As you can see I have many plans for 2013 and they all get put into action today. During the year I plan to blog about anything to everything. If you like humor, stories, reviews, poems, songs, drama then you have no further to look. I hope you all find this blog entertaining and please tell me what your new year goals are, if I can inspire or help keep you motivated in any way I would be pleased to assist you. I look forward to a great year of change. 

Welcome to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment